The Lou Montalvano Memorial Scholarship is a five hundred dollar scholarship given to recognize one Kinesiotherapy student each year that shows academic excellence, displays exceptional promise as a clinician and educator, expresses definite intentions to pursue certification and a career in Kinesiotherapy and shows potential for professional leadership.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in a CAAHEP accredited Kinesiotherapy program.
- The applicant must be a current member of the AKTA.
- Past AKTA scholarship winners are ineligible to apply for further AKTA scholarships.
- The scholarship committee reserves the right to withhold awarding of the scholarship if no qualified applicants emerge.
- The applicant must complete the attached AKTA Scholarship Application Form.
- E-mail and/or Mail the scholarship application form with a cover letter to the chairperson of the Scholarship Committee (address below).
- Three recommendation forms should be given to individuals to complete and mail to the committee chairman. Recommendations received from professional references and University program coordinators are appreciated.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended should be forwarded to the committee chairman (address below). Transcripts should include grades from course work through and including the fall term of the year applied.
- Cover letter, application form, three recommendation forms and transcripts should be sent to the following address:
For further inquiries please contact: email@example.com
- The deadline for all supporting material (listed above) is October 21, 2016. Applicants will be notified when all required documents have been received. Awarding applicant will be notified prior to AKTA award ceremony, November, 2016.
Printer Friendly Forms