The second week of September each year marks the celebration of Kinesiotherapy Week. The National Office is asking that all KT’s, do whatever they can, to promote KT and our services to their co- workers and community. As downsizing in the medical profession and VA continues, it is critical that all those involved with rehabilitative services become more aware of kinesiotherapy and the services we provide.
- Hold an Open House in your clinic area and invite the hospital or facility administration, staff, veteran’s groups, patient’s families, local personality and/or government officials.
- Offer a fitness challenge among the different areas in your facility.
- Provide a fitness screening to all employees (e.g. blood pressure, BMI, etc.)
- Present a 30 – 45 minute lecture, seminar or question and answer period that highlights KT history or KT at your station, topics on fitness or specific exercise programs.
- Present a case study on a particular patient being treated by KT to the rehab service.
- Set up an informational booth and or picture display in a high traffic area of the hospital or facility.
- Inform your local park district, community center, fitness clubs, nursing homes, etc. in your area about KT Week. Offer to make a presentation.
- Contact local radio stations, newspapers and television talk shows.
- Develop a feature story about the history of Kinesiotherapy, its philosophies and services.
- Present an award or a T-shirt to:
- A patient receiving KT who has made great strides in his rehab or fitness program.
- A Director or Medical Center staff member that have been supportive of KT.
- Single out some special people, accomplishments or programs that have been a source of pride at your facility. Highlight the services you provide.
- Highlight some special qualities of your facility. Emphasize anything that sets it apart from others.
- Develop a story about a before and after case representing a success story.