Become Recognized for your Area of Expertise
The Council on Professional Standards for Kinesiotherapy (COPSKT) is excited to announce available specializations in the field of Kinesiotherapy.
The clinical specialization program has been established as a means to formally recognize the Registered Kinesiotherapist who has built upon his or her foundational professional education, as established in the Kinesiotherapy Scope of Practice. By obtaining additional training and credentials in approved specialty certifications and certifying bodies, as outlined below, COPSKT recognizes individuals who have attained an advanced level of knowledge and skill in each specialty area.
Clinical specialization is a voluntary process, initiated at the request of the RKT. Participation is encouraged by COPSKT as a means to formally recognize an individuals increased knowledge and expertise, but not mandated.
If you are looking to expand your services and gain a competitive edge, clinical specialization may be the solution.
COPSKT has designated the following specialty areas:
- Assistive Technology Professional
- Cardiac Rehab
- Driver Rehabilitation
- Ergonomic Evaluation
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Health Coach
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Posture Evaluation
- Research Specialist
- Weight Management
Registered Kinesiotherapists who want to become certified in a specialty area must meet the following:
- Applicant must be a registered in good standing (RKT) as validated by the Council on Professional Standards Continuing competency Board Director and have been an RKT for a minimum of 3 Years.
- Completed a minimum of 2000 hours of clinical experience in the specialty area within the last 5 years and provide written documentation from supervisor. Direct patient care must include evaluation, formulating a treatment plan with interventions, patient/caregiver education and discharge planning.
- Completed coursework, passed examination and received certification from a certifying body approved by COPSKT.
- Complete lecture to staff or community of interest regarding subject matter.
- Complete Specialty Certification application
- Once approved submit $50.00 to COPSKT. Upon approval payment information will be forwarded.
Once complete mail all materials to the AKTA national officeAKTA 118 College Drive #5142 Hattiesburg, MS 39406