Where are Kinesiotherapists employed?
The Registered Kinesiotherapist (RKT) is academically and clinically prepared to provide rehabilitation through exercise and education. Kinesiotherapists are qualified to implement exercise programs designed to reverse or minimize debilitation and enhance the functional capacity of medically stable patients in a wellness, sub-acute, or extended care setting. The role of a Kinesiotherapist demands intelligence, judgment, honesty, interpersonal skills and the capacity to react to emergencies in a calm reasoned manner. An attitude of respect for self and others, adherence to the concepts of privilege and confidentiality in the communicating with patients and commitment to the patient’s welfare are standard.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers
- Public and Private Hospitals
- Medical Fitness Facilities
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Colleges and Universities
- Exercise consultants for individuals with physical limitations
- Learning Disability Centers
- Wellness Facilities
- Department of Defense
- Workman’s compensation programs