The mission of the AKTA is to support the rehabilitative services of Registered Kinesiotherapists while promoting the health and wellness of all populations including Veterans and individuals with functional limitations.
The mission of the Association as a non-profit organization shall by accomplished by:
- Advancing the professional standards of education and training by developing and sponsoring educational programs of the highest scientific and professional competence.
- Encouraging research, publication and distribution of scientific articles relating to the advancement of physical rehabilitation that include but are not limited to anatomy, physiology, kinesiology/biomechanics, adaptive equipment, motor control, psychology, health/pathology, neurology, orthopedics, geriatrics and pediatrics.
- Enforcing the Association member’s professional conduct by encouraging the adherence to the code of ethics and the Scope and Standards of Practice.
- Create strategic partnerships by networking with other allied health professions in the interest of advancing awareness of the profession.
- Enhancing member connections through programming and networking.
- Supporting national regulation which influences the practice of Kinesiotherapy.
The Association ensures equal opportunity for all members and employees regardless of their age, sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, or physical/mental handicap.